- For some reason, I forgot the best part of Shadow Souls
. On the most pointless road trip of all time (they spend weeks travelling in a roundabout way to a place that Bonnie and Meredith take a flight to in a few hours), Damon and Elena have the following conversation:
"What is wrong with you?"
"Nothing’s wrong, everything’s right," he said, while raising a scholarly finger. "You should never try to fool a vampire, Elena. Vampires have many senses humans don’t — and some we don’t even know we have until we need them. It’s taken me long enough to realize what I know about you. Because, of course, everyone was telling me one thing, and my own mind was telling me something else. But I’ve figured it out, at last. I know what you really are, Elena."
For half a minute Elena sat in shocked silence. "If you do, then I might as well tell you right now that no one will believe you."
"Maybe not," Damon said, "especially if they’re human. But vampires are programmed to recognize the aura of a maiden. And you are unicorn bait, Elena."
Unicorn bait.UNICORN BAITUNICORN BAIT
I've decided that Garamond is the typeface of unicorn related phrases. I've left ~aura of a maiden~ out of this entirely. I don't even know what to do with that.
- I've been following some tumblrs! If you have one, link me. FUCKYEAHGABOUREYSIDIBE
is my favourite.
Look, it's Jeff from Community
, sporting the same expression of delight I wore while going through these pictures.
There's also this picture
by Alex Ross, which I could honestly write essays about. But I'm just going to leave it here with a problematic
- I am considering watching Doctor Who. I saw the first episode last week - it was quite sweet, and it had Nina Wadia in it briefly, and apparently Meera Syal is going to be in a future episode, so I can only hope that the entire cast of Goodness Gracious Me
will have roles.
- Next week's episode of Legend of the Seeker
promises ( spoilersCollapse )
But this can't live up to this week's episode which featured Kahlan and Cara trapped in a tomb. Cara doesn't want to die without telling Kahlan she loves her, but blames it on the lack of air afterwards. Oh, Cara. :D
- Other things I've promised to write up: why I had issues with the Temeraire
series. I may have to do some rereading to cover this one fully.read at dreamwidth reply at dreamwidth